Sunday 13 April 2008

Top 20

Well, I don't get out much, and since I live in the suburbs I am probably not the best person to ask, but here are twenty (or so) places I like to go or things to do.

Classic New York:

1. Pretzel - if you have never been to New York you must have a pretzel from a street vendor
2. Tiffany and Co - 5th Ave. - If you know all the words to Moon River
4. Grand Central Terminal - this is where I come and go every day (42nd St.)
5. I would have said the Plaza hotel to visit the Eloise portrait but sadly, I think it is gone.

Shopping - Shopping - Shopping:

There are so many great places I have heard about, but never had the chance to go to - here are some of the ones I have actually made it to.

1. Strand Books - 18 miles of books and trendy tote bags too (south of Union Square)
2. Barney's - the best department store (Madison Ave)
3. Kirna Zabete - Fun boutique (Soho)
4. Moss - like a museum (Soho)
5. MOMA design store - (53rd St. Midtown and Soho)
6. Rizzoli Books - (57th St.)
7. Anthropologie - this store, although a chain, always puts me in a good mood
8. Lee Kan Designs - great beads and other imports (Soho)
9. Pearl River Mart - fun Asian goodies (Soho/Chinatown)
10. ABC Carpet and Home - this store is always inspiring (north of Union Square around 18th)
11. Prada - needs no explanation (Midtown and Soho)
12. Club Monaco - another nice chain I don't think is open in the UK
13. Tender Buttons - who knew a button store could be so cool (around 62nd St. and Lex)
14. Tinsel Trading Co. - vintage trimmings and such for crafty people (around 38th)

To Eat:

1. Vosges Haute Chocolate -(Upper East Side and Soho) my friend Saba works here and it is absolutely the best chocolate ever!
2. Wholesome Wraps - (40th and 7th Ave.) This shows you how far I venture out of Parsons.  but they have great soups and the pita chips are the best.
3. Jamba Juice  - Broadway between 40th and 41st.



No comments: